The HPRU offers a unique range of University–UKHSA doctoral projects which utilise UKHSA data, samples and expertise alongside academic and UKHSA joint supervision. Please see below for the current training opportunities, we will regularly update this section with recruitment opportunities also.
HPRU GI Training Opportunities:
- 'Keeping Yourself Safe' (University of Liverpool Campus Support) - 22nd July 2021
- Knowledge Mobilisation Group Session (Oyinlola Oyebode) - 16th November 2021
- 'Introduction to Statistics' (Helen Clough)- 9th December 2021
- PPIE Group Session (HPRU GED led session- Sophie Staniszewska)- 11th January 2022
- Action for Happiness- (Val Payne and Peter Harper from Action for Happiness)- 24th March 2022
- HPRU GI and HPRU EZI Academy Training Event- Systematic Review (Ruaraidh Hill and Gabriel Rogers), Media Engagement (Calum Semple and Tom Clarke) and Research Ethics (Theodora Manea)- 27th and 28th of April 2022
Events and Meetings:
Microbiology Society events and meetings: Society events and meetings | Microbiology Society
NIHR Training Opportunities:
Doctoral Local Authority Fellowship:
The Doctoral Local Authority Fellowship (DLAF) scheme supports individuals based within local authorities and supporting services to undertake a fully funded PhD. These fully funded doctoral fellowships allow awardees to retain their existing employment contracts and salaries, whilst protecting their time to undertake a research doctorate, academic training, professional development and continued practice of their choosing. When taken full-time, fellowships have a duration of three years, but can be taken over as long as six years when taken part-time.
UK Health Security Agency Annual Conference 2022
18-19 October, Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds.
VASE: The Vaccines Against Shigella and ETEC (VASE) Conference is an international gathering dedicated to developing Shigella and enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) vaccines. Hosted by PATH, a global non profit organization dedicated to achieving health equity, it’s an event for people like you who care about improving public health and saving lives by reducing diarrheal disease. Welcome - 2022 VASE Conference (cvent.com)
The Association of Physicians annual meeting will be held in Liverpool next year April 20-21. The call for abstracts is now open https://aopgbi.org/apam-2023/ and closes on Sunday 8th January 2023.
Assistant Professor (Research Focused) at the University of Warwick.
Please click here for more information on the post and how to apply. Applications close on the 21st February 2023.