Systematic Review Training
NIHR HPRU in Gastrointestinal Infections Training Workshop
An Introduction to Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analysis
09.00-16.45, Thursday 24 September 2015, The Foresight Centre, 1 Brownlow Street, Liverpool, L69 3GL
Dr David Taylor-Robinson and Dr Daniel Pope
This one day course is ideal for staff and students wanting to critically appraise systematic reviews and gain experience in the methodology and conduct of systematic reviews and meta-analysis. Delivered by experienced systematic reviewers in the field of global public health the course involves presentations, case-studies and hands-on practical experience. Included outcomes from the course are:
- Ability to develop and refine research questions for a systematic review
- Understanding the processes in the conduct of a systematic review (including quality appraisal of studies)
- Understanding the role of systematic reviews in health practice and policy
- Understanding the processes in the conduct of evidence synthesis using meta-analysis
- Gaining skills in the conduct of meta-analysis using Cochrane RevMan software.
Course fee: £35 (includes lunch)
Please note: You will need to bring your own laptop. Details will be provided on required software download prior to the course.
Places are limited and strictly by registration only. For further details or to register for the course please contact email@example.com
Registration closes 14 September 2015.
Posted on: 18/08/2015