New Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis Course - 28 June 2016
An Introduction to Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analysis
9.00 am - 4.45 pm, Tuesday 28 June 2016
The Foresight Centre, 1 Brownlow Street, Liverpool, L69 3GL
Dr David Taylor-Robinson and Dr Daniel Pope
This one-day course is ideal for staff and students wanting to critically appraise systematic reviews and gain experience in the methodology and conduct of systematic reviews and meta-analysis. Delivered by experienced systematic reviewers in the field of global public health, the course involves presentations, case-studies and hands-on practical experience.
Included outcomes from the course are:
- Ability to develop and refine research questions for a systematic review
- Understanding the processes in the conduct of a systematic review (including quality appraisal of studies)
- Understanding the role of systematic reviews in health practice and policy
- Understanding the processes in the conduct of evidence synthesis using meta-analysis
- Gaining skills in the conduct of meta-analysis using Cochrane RevMan software
Register here. Registration closes on 10 June 2016.
*You will need to bring your own laptop. Software download details will be provided prior to the course date.
Fees (Lunch and refreshments included):
£120 NIHR HPRU GI Member / £120 NIHR HPRU EZI Member
Posted on: 28/04/2016